For the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation, the data controller is “DODONI ICE CREAM S.A.” (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), located in the Municipality of Pallini, at 31 Dodoni Street, P.O. Box: 153 51 in Greece.
- What information is collected?
We collect your personal information when you use the Website. The information we collect falls into three categories. We may also collect data from our network of franchisees.
We may combine the information you provide to us with information collected by automated methods and information we obtain from other sources.
We collect information that you provide to us as follows:
- When you contact our offices and/or our call centre and/or via email and/or via the Website, either for purchases or to express your opinion, complaints or comments.
- When you contact our offices and/or our call centre and/or via email and/or via the Website, either for purchases or for expressing opinions, complaints or comments. We record other personal information that you choose to provide when you interact and/or communicate with us (including but not limited to email address, contact telephone number, service address), call content to our customer service centre (via telephone or other audio communication means).
We collect information by automated methods
We may use automated technologies to collect information from your mobile device when you use our Website.
We may collect information about:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- the operating system of your mobile device, if you are visiting the Website via a mobile device
- the type of mobile device
- the advertising identifiers (for example, IDFAs and IFAs) or similar identifiers
- the redirecting website (the website that led you to ours)
- messages to us or about us on social media; And
- actions relating to how you use our Website, such as sections you visit on our Website.
The Site may collect information about the exact location of your mobile device using geolocation and technologies such as GPS (global positioning system), Wi-Fi (wireless local area network), Bluetooth or cell tower proximity.
The majority of mobile devices and browsers allow you to revoke the permission you have granted us to collect this information by using the settings on your device or browser.
If you have questions about how you can prevent the collection of information about your exact location, we encourage you to contact your mobile device’s technical support provider, the manufacturer of your device, or your software or browser provider. Some services may not function properly without the information on the browser or browser. Some services may not work properly without your location information. If you would like us to delete information we have collected that could identify your location, please contact us at the address, telephone number or email address listed below. By law, we may need to retain certain information.
- How do we use the information we collect?
The company will use your information for the following lawful processing purposes and in accordance with applicable law. Where required by applicable law, at the point of data collection we will ask for your consent to use your personal data, which (consent) you will be free to withdraw at any time. We may also use and process your personal data, depending on our needs: to perform a contract or at the pre-contractual stage thereof, to comply with a legal obligation or for our legitimate business interests.
In particular, we will use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to navigate and make use of the features of the Website
- to respond to your requests and questions about our products and services and to inform you and respond to your suggestions and comments on the improvement of our products and services
- to communicate the results of surveys, sweepstakes and contests in which you may have participated.
- to manage our business, including developing new products and services, conducting customer research and evaluating the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and promotional activities;
- for quality assurance and staff training purposes, in order to maintain, manage and improve our products, your orders, offers, promotions, customer service levels in general, the Website
- to comply with applicable law
- to maintain the security of the Site and prevent against any fraud
- for sending promotional actions, which is sent to the contact details you have provided us with during your registration or during the updating of your details (indicatively mobile, email) if we have received your consent) in order to promote new products and services of the Company, as well as public opinion surveys for the improvement of our service (these promotional communications can be made via Viber, SMS, Web, newsletters and app notifications). If you do not wish to receive offers and promotions, select the unsubscribe link in any email or related message (unsubscribe). You can unsubscribe at any time from any of these media.
- With whom do we share the information we collect?
We share your information with vendors/partners who provide services to us, such as advertising agencies, cloud providers, software development companies, in the context of organizing and conducting promotions, contests, research and analysis, Website support services and other information technology services.
We prohibit these suppliers/partners from using or disclosing the above information for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
We may decide, for strategic or other business purposes, to sell or transfer all or part of our business. In connection with such sale or transfer, we may transfer information that we have collected and stored, including customer information, to any party involved in the sale or transfer.
Occasionally we may disclose information that does not identify you. For example, we may disclose anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of the Site.
In addition, we may use and disclose your information to third parties only if necessary: a) to comply with legal process or applicable law b) to the extent permitted by applicable law c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and d) to protect our rights, privacy, security or property. We may also use and disclose your information in other ways after obtaining your consent.
- How long is your personal information kept?
- Links to other websites and social media
It is also possible that the providers of other applications, tools, widgets and plug-ins that we make available on our Website, such as Facebook’s “Like” buttons, may also use automated methods to collect information and how to use these features. These organizations may use your information in accordance with their own policies.
- International data transfers
The personal information we collect from Users will remain and be stored on a secure server within E.U. and the Company will take all reasonable steps to protect it.
We rely on these third parties/suppliers to provide services and products on our behalf and it is possible that we may disclose your personal data to these third parties (for example, program/software companies, external partners, etc.). In general, our service providers are contractually obliged to protect your personal data and cannot in any way use or transfer your personal data. We will not allow these third parties to use or disclose this information for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
- Regardless of the country to which your personal data is disclosed, we will only disclose your personal data in those cases where there is a strict need to know and always in accordance with appropriate safeguards (such as for example under the Standard Data Protection Clauses).
- You have the right to request a copy of the above by contacting “DODONI ICE CREAM S.A.” at the address email@example.com
- Information Security
We are committed to taking all appropriate measures worked out to keep your personal information secure. Our technical, administrative and physical procedures are designed to protect your personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration or destruction. Although we make efforts to protect our information systems, no website, information system or data transmission on the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you believe that the security of your account with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately in the manner described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- Your Rights
Under the applicable legislation, you have the right of access, i.e. on request, on the one hand to be informed whether or not your personal data are being processed and on the other hand to receive further information on the processing, in particular on the processing carried out, the appropriate safeguards under which any transfers to a third country or international organization are carried out. In addition, you have the right to demand the rectification of inaccurate personal data. You also have the right to erasure, the right to restriction of processing, the right to data portability and the right to object to processing, provided that the legal requirements are met. If you wish us to delete your data, please contact us at the email address listed below and we may ask you for some identification/authentication details before carrying out your order. If the above details are not sent, the request cannot be implemented. Further, you may withdraw your consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal. You can ask us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, we will usually either explicitly accept in advance the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of having your information used for marketing purposes.
If you consider that the processing of your personal data is contrary to applicable law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Authority located at 1-3 Kifissia Avenue, P.K. 115 23, Athens or at the following link https://eservices.dpa.gr/
Detailed instructions can be found here: https://www.dpa.gr/el/polites/katagelia_stin_arxi
Finally, you may exercise your rights above and obtain further information on them by contacting us in writing in the manner described in the “How to contact us” section below. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and within one month of receiving it. In the event of a delay in our response, you will be notified immediately and will be advised of the date of our response.
- How to contact us